Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electricity Bill Has A Future!
Hmmmmmmmm I had thought that Mr Shorten would have a limited shelf life but now I'm not so sure.

In spite of his popularity beginning to fall away, the truth is that the possible replacements are if anything even less credible.

What a way to longevity - surround yourself with those less credible than yourself!

The cost, and there is always a cost, is that electoral support will continue to slide.

Clearly the Government is quite happy to have Bill there!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote: popularity beginning to fall away

Yup... Joe Hockey is sure on the nose. Wink

JSmith [Image: ninja.gif]
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: SIp6btO.jpg]
Quote:Aloy, the whole point of making a post on a forum is to try and get as many people as possible to agree with you and like the post lol

But mon ami a little spirited discussion is a good thing - if we all agree what's to discuss?

The point is not to agree but to express an opinion!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
I know!!

I sometimes feel the same way :ras:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:but they are hiking the prices back up again

gotta love that capitalism
In a way the government (this and the previous) is doing hidden macro policy work - artificially raising inflation index. Without the carbon tax, we would not have a ~3% CPI now.. And with it being repealed there is a certain risk of prices falling (thereby "forcing" the RBA to lower rates even further)...

Why with the carbon tax gone, the fuel excise has to take it's place (and why Jokey has a hard time selling this new tax because he has to make up excuses on how capitalism is not a good economics model when the whole world is in a funk)...
You went skinny-fishing? I hope you didn't bait the hook with the wrong worm.

I  didn't rape anybody!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Oh no, not Mello - he's no grafitti exponent unless you include forums as caves - come to think of it .............................

Remember the playground when you had a big blue with someone and then forever after you were mates?

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
What raised the "bully" tag

Maybe there were no bullies involved - at all

Maybe you are confusing this with your own experiences?

Surprised and confused huh?  Should write a song something like that.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote: 

beats me

I guess it does. :dance:
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
No - once again you fail to comprehend!!!

I merely observed that kids in the playground have a blue and shortly after become best mates - it happens - a lot'

I'm sure you have seen the same thing.

Beat yourself!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Nope another failure of comprehension on your part.

Meanwhile the ALp babble on about $7 co-payments  and we hear that their failures of policy have cost us billions - it's a question of scale really.

ALp - the fear mongerers - they failed and they hate to see someone else fixing the mess they made.

Personally, I like things fixed.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:Speaking about Electricity Bill.

We received a notice saying "Due to the fact the carbon tax is no more, we shall get reductions in both electricity and gas".

Gotta love that carbon Tax!

You and everyone were already receiving compensation that equated to more than any rises due to the carbon pricing scheme.

The vast majority of any increases are due to over investment in poles and wires... not the carbon price.

To move away from an ETS that many parts of the world are now moving towards is simply bad policy.

Quote: 

You and everyone were already receiving compensation that equated to more than any rises due to the carbon pricing scheme.

The vast majority of any increases are due to over investment in poles and wires... not the carbon price.

To move away from an ETS that many parts of the world are now moving towards is simply bad policy.

Seems as though there are a large number of businesses - you know those folks that create jobs - really feel that the discontinuation of the Carbon tax is a very significant handbrake gone.

I guess they would know.

As to following the line of the rest of the world - do you really think that is a good idea?
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:I guess they would know.

I wouldn't guess...

Quote:As to following the line of the rest of the world - do you really think that is a good idea?

We started the idea... they were following us. :laugh:

C'mon Aloy, you're making this too easy... Tongue

I agree with Mello that if business' could automate they would and its about making money. However, as a business owner with a couple of banks standing behind me with big sticks, my success depends on the attitude of my workers and it doesnt seem to matter what I give them there are two types, 1. Work ethic 2. no work ethic.

Dont forget, if a business is not successful (I dont mean making ridiculous profits) then there is no reason to continue and therefore everyone is looking for a new job.

Large companies have mums and dads as shareholders and they all want a return on their investment.

My workers are better off than me if you look at hours vs earnings.

And any reduction in running costs means I can do business better or breath a little easier.

Anyone who thinks business owners have it easy and are raking in the money are kidding themselves.

Quote:...but that way is not the way.

Who told you that? :blink:

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/2...-0-50-0-4/

BludgerTrack: 50.0-50.0
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
What - you don't like surprises?

Poor you! :dance:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:Before I click, give me a clue as to what to expect.

Quote:surprises?

[Image: what-if-there-is-no-surprise-and-all-i-g...-thumb.jpg]

Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Shorten Wants To Tax High Income Superannuants. POWERZONE 29 3,671 20-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Last Post: POWERZONE