Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Backflips And The Like...
'On the eve of the 2013 federal election Tony Abbott tells the SBS there will be "no cuts to education, no cuts to health, no change to pensions, no change to the GST and no cuts to the ABC or SBS" under a Coalition government.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-07/ab...th/5436224

'The axe is coming to the national broadcaster this week, with the ABC breaking the details of its own looming amputations on Monday night: $50 million a year in new cuts will mean the loss of up to 500 jobs by Christmas, the death of state-based current affairs, a tighter budget for Lateline and foreign news offices closed. 

On Media Watch, these and other cuts were flagged as a near 6 per cent hack from the ABC budget.'

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/t...1om5n.html

[Image: backflipping-dog.jpg]

Backflips... backflips everywhere.

Oh dear Tony you're really not a man of your word are you?

JSmith [Image: ninja.gif]

<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: SIp6btO.jpg]
Quote:The ABC deserves to be cut off at the knees.

Never said the Labor party were saints mate...

Why do you think the ABC deserve cuts, please explain? :blink:

Hey I seem to think this turkey thinks its 1950.

Quote:Hi There JS.

As I said in another post, we don't need an SBS.

Anyone who wants foreign films and news/propagander can buy it for themselves.

Why no SBS? I watch it all the time... it's been a long time since it's just been foreign film and news. You should check it out sometime... you may be surprised. Smile

Is propagander some new kind of goose? :blink: Tongue

[Image: wooden-sign-post-moving.png]

J smith nice to see you here and great to see some intelligence back on the site.

With phrases like every one in the world speaks English and the ABC deserves to be cut off the knees is typical of the rubbish that

has killed this once great site.
Quote:J smith nice to see you here

Cheers Smile

Quote:No need for insults.

I don't recall insulting you.

I think you could do with a lesson in 1950s manners.
He often does this,comes up with sexist, racist homophobic remarks and when challenged plays the victim. Dont let him bully you as he has so many.

JSmith you have brought some sanity back ..

AS for the 1950s... mentally he has never left it.

There is rarely if ever intelligent debate just constant ramblings about how awful the pesky greens are.Its not surprising he hates the ABC his idea of intellectual TV is watching Andrew Bolt.

OK but I am only dishing out to you what you have dished out to many people.

Tony Abbots views on climate change although he says he now totally accepts the science is absurd.

Skeptics we now know are exactly the same people who believe smoking is good for you. They reject science.

But hows this?

The conservatives in UK think Abbot is odd.

Quote:The attitude of Prime Minister Tony Abbott to the global challenges of climate change is "eccentric", "baffling" and "flat earther", according to a group of senior British Conservatives.

The group, including Prime Minister David Cameron's Minister for Energy and a former Thatcher Minister and chairman of the Conservative Party, says Mr Abbot's position on climate change represents a betrayal of the fundamental ideals of Conservatism and those of his political heroine, Margaret Thatcher.

In a series of wide-ranging, separate interviews on UK climate change policy with The Age, they warn that Australia is taking enormous risks investing in coal and will come under increasing market and political pressure to play its part in the global battle against climate change.

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/p...z3JeSDFy3z

</div>
Quote:OK but I am only dishing out to you what you have dished out to many people.

Tony Abbots views on climate change although he says he now totally accepts the science is absurd.

Skeptics we now know are exactly the same people who believe smoking is good for you. They reject science.

But hows this?

The conservatives in UK think Abbot is odd.

The attitude of Prime Minister Tony Abbott to the global challenges of climate change is "eccentric", "baffling" and "flat earther", according to a group of senior British Conservatives.

The group, including Prime Minister David Cameron's Minister for Energy and a former Thatcher Minister and chairman of the Conservative Party, says Mr Abbot's position on climate change represents a betrayal of the fundamental ideals of Conservatism and those of his political heroine, Margaret Thatcher.

In a series of wide-ranging, separate interviews on UK climate change policy with The Age, they warn that Australia is taking enormous risks investing in coal and will come under increasing market and political pressure to play its part in the global battle against climate change.

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/p...z3JeSDFy3z
</div>
Oh dear me deja vu!!

It's the DTV all over again.

One person in the thread brings in personal abuse - the sure sign of lots.

The post in question would have got its message across without any need to call people names it's gratuitous and unnecessary.

Actually subsequent posts reveal that it's the same o;d ALp entitlement thing.

The ABC is using its popularity to defend the indefensible - "cut back on everyone except us"  - "we represent the people" when all along they are not elected representatives - they are merely another self interested grouping of educated left leaning ALp apologists.

On the other hand the government was elected by a significant majority of voters who find their task made more difficult by virtue of an unrepresentative group of cross benchers in the senate.

These unrepresentative senators are immediately accorded hero status by the elitist ABC commentators - not for their public service or wisdom, but for their anti progress stance.

How sad.

Personally I watch the ABC and SBS a great deal, their news programs are very good, unfortunately their analysis and commentary is to say the least very biased - unsurprising given the APp backgound of many of their commentators.

The joke of it is that immediately more rightwing politicians from overseas are accorded respect - but only if they criticise out duly elected governments policies.

What a laugh - not integrity of thought in sight - aaaaaaaaaaaaah well - again - How very unsurprising :rundog:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote: 

The ABC is using its popularity to defend the indefensible - "cut back on everyone except us"  - "we represent the people" when all along they are not elected representatives - they are merely another self interested grouping of educated left leaning ALp apologists.

I have got say I quite like that.

Not a bad turn of phrase.

Aloysius you are quite entitled to your opinion however I believe if you look at the track record of the poster I attacked you would see that he is extreme right wing and I mean extreme..

The things I said are nothing compared to the vitriolic hate he dishes out. His contempt for women is well known too.

He has caused all greens and left people to leave here . Even Liberal moderates.

I will not be polite to some one who does not deserve it.

You seem intelligent and would enjoy debate but I cannot tolerate this poster so I am out of here.

I think it best for all concerned if I once again back off.

Pity really because I think we could have had some great debate.

Quote:Hi JS.

Firstly a big thanks for not bucketing insults and vitriol of a personal nature on me.

No worries Peter... we can always disagree on topics and still remain amicable. Smile

I really disagree about SBS though... they have many shows which I enjoy and if it was stopped I wouldn't get to see those shows.

I also enjoy their international news, in particular the Nederland news as I speak Dutch and the Thai news as my wife is Thai.

Many communities would be really upset if SBS were stopped. They aren't wholly government funded you know, they're not the same as the ABC at all. They are a community station with partial Government support and the ad's are their "sponsors". Remember the ad's used to be in between shows? The Govt. at the time changed legislation to allow them to show sponsors ad's during programming and without announcing them as a station sponsor... however in effect the advertiser still is a sponsor of the channel.

Also they broadcast the World Cup well and in HD with fantastic coverage and regular shows about international sport in general.

Why don't you watch it, you may just broaden your horizons without even realising it. Smile

Quote:Hi JS.

Even if SBS dies tomorrow, these shows will be picked up by others.

Yeah... I'm not paying for cable mate. Tongue

As for the ABC, it is the last non-corporate funded or owned channel... that is very important and should not be undermined in any way.

Quote: I have got say I quite like that.

Not a bad turn of phrase.

Aloysius you are quite entitled to your opinion however I believe if you look at the track record of the poster I attacked you would see that he is extreme right wing and I mean extreme..

The things I said are nothing compared to the vitriolic hate he dishes out. His contempt for women is well known too.

He has caused all greens and left people to leave here . Even Liberal moderates.

I will not be polite to some one who does not deserve it.

You seem intelligent and would enjoy debate but I cannot tolerate this poster so I am out of here.

I think it best for all concerned if I once again back off.

Pity really because I think we could have had some great debate.

Good onya Green Guy - I have no knowledge of history about either of you posters. I am not taking sides. I oppose actions not people

My comment was absolutely taken from face value reading of your post.

I have seen perfectly good forums where intelligent debates with differing views are eventually wrecked by personal attacks. It's sad.

If you want my ten cents: abandoning the field when all is not lost is a shame - for everyone. 
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote: 

No worries Peter... we can always disagree on topics and still remain amicable. Smile

I really disagree about SBS though... they have many shows which I enjoy and if it was stopped I wouldn't get to see those shows.

I also enjoy their international news, in particular the Nederland news as I speak Dutch and the Thai news as my wife is Thai.

Many communities would be really upset if SBS were stopped. They aren't wholly government funded you know, they're not the same as the ABC at all. They are a community station with partial Government support and the ad's are their "sponsors". Remember the ad's used to be in between shows? The Govt. at the time changed legislation to allow them to show sponsors ad's during programming and without announcing them as a station sponsor... however in effect the advertiser still is a sponsor of the channel.

Also they broadcast the World Cup well and in HD with fantastic coverage and regular shows about international sport in general.

Why don't you watch it, you may just broaden your horizons without even realising it. Smile

Smithy I think you have fallen for uninformed or biased commentary which goes:

"SBS and ABC are getting funding cuts - that means reduction in programming"

Hello!

Both SBS and ABC have said that the funding cuts (which every other taxpayer funded organisation are contending with with) will not mean reduction in programming.

So the Government has not asked for programming cuts - the ABC and SBS say there are not going to be programming cuts - but folks with an axe to grind are talking up programming cuts - go figure!!!! :blink:
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Guys we're talking 500 jobs here and the possible closure of ABC Adelaide.

Any cuts to programming will be due to this fact.

https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/media...our-abc--2

Save the ABC!

Quote:Guys we're talking 500 jobs here and the possible closure of ABC Adelaide.

Any cuts to programming will be due to this fact.

https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/media...our-abc--2

Save the ABC!

Are you saying that of all the public service entities only the ABC and SBS should be excused any demand for efficiency?

It's a cheap shot to say that cuts in funding = job losses, it doesn't.

These are corporations that like any other corporation without discipline become flabby and inefficient. In their cases it's at the expense of the taxpayer.

The taxpayers representative is government - elected government. State owed corporations should be made aware of who their boss is.

As it stands the taxpayer is funding an ABC campaign against cuts imposed by the taxpayers agent.

Nice work if you can get it!!!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
I have expressed my view and yes I better leave it there.

The current Liberal Gov cut my job as a Tafe lecturer so sorry I have no respect only contempt. However as I now work in SE Asia and doing extremely well financially in a scheme started by the so called awful Rudd Government.I think some of the anti Labor comments are simply wrong.

To be fair to Peter its a matter of never the twain shall meet. There will never be unity between the left and extreme right.

I must say that Aloysius and you JSmith have added much positive intelligence to this sadly dying forum.

I have had my say on Peterj and I will at least say that although he represents absolutely EVERYTHING I hate (I am sure its mutual.) I do not wish him ill will.

I agree its best to be polite but there has been too much hate that I cannot forgive and its best as he suggested for me to leave. I only popped back out of curiosity.

I will leave the thread to you guys.

Save the ABC.

Any allegations of bias in the ABC commentary on politics should be viewed against the backdrop of those attending the "Save our ABC' rallies as evidenced by their ubiquitous banners and placards.

False anger and shrill crowd haranguing from Plibersek, Shorten, the Greens complete the picture. You can judge folks by their friends!

But where are the majority of Australians that voted for others in a significant majority?

Gracious me - a 1% per year efficiency demand is viewed as demolition of the ABC?

"Saving" the ABC from what exactly - it's responsibility to it's shareholders - the taxpayer?

"Saving" the ABC from being treated the same as any other taxpayer funded entity?

"Saving" the ABC elitists from being better than the rest - in their own self professed opinion?

It's difficult to see where the downside is in this.

"HELLO - earth to the ABC cheer squad"

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:I have expressed my view and yes I better leave it there.

The current Liberal Gov cut my job as a Tafe lecturer so sorry I have no respect only contempt. However as I now work in SE Asia and doing extremely well financially in a scheme started by the so called awful Rudd Government.I think some of the anti Labor comments are simply wrong.

To be fair to Peter its a matter of never the twain shall meet. There will never be unity between the left and extreme right.

I must say that Aloysius and you JSmith have added much positive intelligence to this sadly dying forum.

I have had my say on Peterj and I will at least say that although he represents absolutely EVERYTHING I hate (I am sure its mutual.) I do not wish him ill will.

I agree its best to be polite but there has been too much hate that I cannot forgive and its best as he suggested for me to leave. I only popped back out of curiosity.

I will leave the thread to you guys.

Save the ABC.

Isn't it funny the way that what we initially perceive as a bad thing later turns out to be quite the reverse!

I'm glad you are happy and appreciated in your new role.

It's all in the way we see stuff I guess!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fledgeling Political Party UnityGov 0 485 11-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Last Post: UnityGov