Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
When They Tell You The Science Is In, It Never Is
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energ...ill-worry/

The global warming slowdown is real — but that’s no reason to question climate science"

The bleeding arrogance!

this is straw man country.

Who is questioning climate science? It might be more correct to say  "Who is questioning questionable science, or flawed "modelling"

Sceptics do not question climate change, the question shaky hypotheses based on flawed modelling.

You remember - "Rising greenhouse gas emissions create global warming":

Truth is: Greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise but warming is slowing down.

These are not dreams they are based on the very utterences and data provided by "Climate Science"

So - why would a sceptic question climate science - it backs up his scepticism! :dance:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
You based the future of humanity on one single study that suggests global warming is slowing down...

I don't question climate science, your judgement however... Big Grin

Hmmmmmmmmmmm that's faith you have - unquestioning acceptance - it's far more comfortable not questioning, not doubting.

Questioning another judgement - good onya - I do the same - always - and I don't exempt Climate science's every hypothesis and model either.

That consistency - it's a marvelous thing :wacky:
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:Hmmmmmmmmmmm that's faith you have - unquestioning acceptance - it's far more comfortable not questioning, not doubting.
But you're not questioning climate science yourself.. you never doubted they're all lies..
Quote:The bleeding arrogance!

Indeed... to think man's activities since the Industrial Revolution have not had an affect on our environment and climate is rather obtuse IMO. I still think you're very, very wrong, YMMV. Smile

Even if it is wrong, the "green" approaches will help our environment to repair and reduce pollution... the pollution that is killing us all.

JSmith [Image: ninja.gif]
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: SIp6btO.jpg]
Thinking is good - critical thinking is better!

" Even if it's wrong"  Hello?

If it's wrong, it's wrong, that's fact not emotion.

I'm sorry but a wrong Green approach cannot possibly help - unless of course it helps the dumb punter to see the truth of their "wrongness"

No one can prove the link you make between human activity and global warming - to claim one can is pure emotional hyperactivity.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:No one can prove the link you make between human activity and global warming - to claim one can is pure emotional hyperactivity.

[Image: c787b7223a3132f8ab10fea873b9ffbd2a9c1e9a...f47a90.jpg]

Tongue

Quote:No one can prove the link you make between human activity and global warming - to claim one can is pure emotional hyperactivity.
So you moved the goal posts from global warming is slowing down, to global warming has nothing to do with human activities. 

Love your argument that we cannot prove humans are responsible means humans are not responsible.. You watch too much TV - esp those LO& kind.. 
Quote:But you're not questioning climate science yourself.. you never doubted they're all lies..

i have always agreed with climate science - proved data - how could one not?

I don't automatically believe in "models" which turn out to be BS!

Gosh, the climate politicians say cooling is caused by warming - go figure!

Talking about moving goal posts!!!!!

The corollary of your  'we cannot prove humans are responsible means humans are not responsible" is what I'm bagging.

Some folks are saying and it's been written in forums ad nausea: "Well we can't prove it's because of human activity but we should do something in case it is"

That's the opposite of science!

How can people be so naive? 
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:Gosh, the climate politicians say cooling is caused by warming - go figure!

Yes... it's called climate change, which involves more extremes in both directions of temperature and more extreme weather events in general.

Quote:That's the opposite of science!

I don't see how...

Quote:Yes... it's called climate change, which involves more extremes in both directions of temperature and more extreme weather events in general.

I don't see how...

Aw shucks - climate always has and always will change, cooling, heating, drought, and floods have always happened it's normal!

It's been hotter than now and it's been cooler than now - that is a fact!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
2 CAT 5 storms hitting the cost consecutively must be very common.. Esp when one can develop over night..

Climate change can't be real... The one forming off WA must be a media beat up...

:rainbow:

Quote:I have heard that there are thousands of thunder/or other storms raging similtaneously over the planet.

Sure as eggs a couple will spring up similtaneously over such a large land mass as Aus.

Although I suppose that an increase of one to two is a 100% increase.

Heck it even rained twice in one day in Melbourne last week.
And that is why climate change can't be real, nice research Smile
Quote:dumping on me

That may not be environmentally friendly... Wink

Quote:Hi JS.

Anyway it was a clean dump!

[Image: clean_dump_permanent_installed_macerator...24x452.jpg]

:blink:

Despite decades of deforestation, the Earth is getting greener
https://www.businessspectator.com.au/art...ng-greener

Stick that in your modelling pipe and smoke it!!!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Don't do that for Gawd's sake Big Grin
As a whole earth person the location is not particularly important to me - just the overall picture and a good result will do me nicely.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Here's some science and an inconvenient truth produced by the founder of Greenpeace:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/...7300731557

"Put the acid on Great Barrier Reef doomsayers"

There is nothing more symbolic of the natural beauty of Australia than the Great Barrier Reef.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">This makes it a powerful emotional tool to strike fear into the hearts of citizens. The “ocean acidification” hypothesis, that corals and shellfish will die due to higher levels of carbon dioxide dissolved in the sea, is often used to stoke those fears.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Here’s why I don’t believe there is a shred of evidence to support these claims.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">"First, contrary to popular ­belief, at 400 parts per million (0.04 per cent), CO2 is lower now in the atmosphere than it has been during most of the 550 million years since modern life forms emerged during the Cambrian ­period. CO2 was about 10 times higher then than it is today."

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yep the science is apparently only in if it suits the doomsayers to make that judgement, only their opinions count.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">mmmmmmmmmmm that's a fault the has brought many a proud grouping undone. Failure to maintain open-mindedness.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">Really the doomsayers are the real sceptics, the real deniers, it's just that they say that they are not.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Times New Roman', sans-serif;font-size:19px;">OK it's a case of belief, a religion, please do not confuse that with science, and science being "in" :rundog:  :rundog:  :rundog:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:are they guesses youre willing to gamble the future of the Great Barrier Reef over ?

every Queenslander should confidently then go down to the reef and each pour a 44 gallon drum of toxic waste into the water, sit back and prove to the sceptics that nothing could possibly go wrong

i mean, according to one article in The Australian, what could possibly go wrong ?

As much as anyone else is prepared to believe the doom saying of others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please don't believe that everyone in Q is stupid enough to vote in an Anastacia.

Do you believe in doom or do you believe in life?

I choose life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!