Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mh128 Bomb Threat On Plane
Key points:
  • A Dandenong man, 25, shouted he had a bomb and tried to get into the cockpit, police say
  • The plane turned back to Melbourne after at least one passenger and crew tackled him
  • He was arrested by tactical police on landing and has been taken into custody
  • The man had an "electronic device" that was not an explosive, police say
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-01/mh...up/8577946

Some crazy nut clearly but how did he get this... thing with wires on the plane?

Yep - pretty unsatisfactory really - Federal police being paid to provide security at the airport are not trained to detain a crazy passenger???

Passengers are able to detain the guy but trained police are not?

Now there's a case for an enquiry!!!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
I reckon they should have just evacuated the passengers as soon as it landed. 

Crikey I wouldn't want to be unnecessarily trapped in a grounded plane for an hour with a bloo tooth bomb.

To me it looked like the authorities were unprepared.

Maybe install an outdoor bowling alley? lol

Anything would have been better than nothing which is what they served up!!!

Butt covering - it's the way it is now.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
You are right to be sorry - "one swallow does not a summer make"!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Might as well post the other nightmare in this thread...

THE MELBOURNE HOSTAGE SITUATION

4PM

* Police respond to a call about an explosion at an apartment building in Brighton

* They find a dead man in the foyer, he appears to have been shot

* They start trying to negotiate with a man inside an apartment, who was holding a woman against her will.

5.41PM

* Seven Network Melbourne newsroom gets a call from a woman who says she's involved in a hostage situation

* A man takes over the phone call to say "This is for IS, this is for al-Qaeda."

* Seven calls police to report the call.

6PM

* A gunman leaves the building and opens fire on police, injuring three of them

* Police fire back and kill him

* The woman is freed

* Two police officers are taken to hospital with gunshot wounds, a third is treated at the scene.

8PM

* Deputy Commissioner Andrew Crisp says police are investigating terrorism as one avenue of inquiry.

SOURCE: Victoria Police, Seven Network

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking...4389994302

I think I might go into suspended hibernation for a generation or three Smile
Quote:im actually ok with the media taking the religion out of the motive and reporting as a stupid insane mentally ill rampage

i think the hands on heads gives them a pretty fair idea who is a friend and who is a foe ... the gutless cowards would mill amongst women and children to get away, confronted by a police officer he would be more likely to give himself away with some stupidly ridiculous move, like, whatever the crap is that they are brainwashed with

I must demur Mello,

There is an extremely important religious aspect to this and media taking it out is just not facing facts.

The radicalising is apparently being generated to a large extent by a religious organisation well funded by other extremely religious states - this is most certainly true.

You could well argue that ignoring the source and implying that mental sickness is the cause just doesn't wash. Not all mentally challenged people become terrorists - just those exposed to a malevolently twisted version of a major religion.

That says not all muslims are terrorists, very few in fact,  but almost all the current crop of weeds are muslims.

The implications are clear. 

On a different tack one could view the present crop of terrorist attacks - small relatively poorly planned - inexpensive, as a clear indication that the highly organised attacks of yesteryear have been pretty much been thwarted by collective international action, not the least the impending demise of ISIS as a credible "state"

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:you are giving them the publicity they crave, you are associating a cause to each violently stupid mentally ill act and with each case it emboldens others to join the cause solely by their connection to their religion

do we associate Christianity to every stupid act committed by individuals of our faith ?

if anything there is also a common thread of a certain brand of fascism associated to this extremism, and has being demonstrated daily, the particular brand of religion has inter-religious hatred even more so. Do you then give them a cause they can identify and recruit with as well ?

perfectly demonstrated by the idiot in the Philippines who was immediately "recruited" as one of their own because of sloppy media reporting

I'm giving them nothing except the truth my dear Mello.

If that's a problem - I really don't give a rats a---

If the same were true re christians or buddhists or greenies, the truth must still be told.

Without the truth there is no understanding, without understanding there can be no viable antidote.

Your simplification to "it's an idiot" - "end of story"is basically a resignation from understanding and any possible step forward.

You are entitled to that view, but not everyone is so beastly careless.
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
VIRGIN Australia’s quick-thinking response to a bomb threat on board a flight has been contrasted to the suffering endured by passengers on a Malaysia Airlines flight forced to return to Melbourne last week.

Upon landing at Albury after a flight from Sydney, the emergency exits were ripped open and the 42 passengers told to jump 1.2-metres from the turboprop plane to the tarmac and run.

Some passengers reported being ordered to “get out and run, run, run” but a Virgin Australia spokeswoman denied the two cabin crew said those words.

Bags were left in overhead lockers, and the aircraft was then thoroughly searched.

No explosive device was found.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-upd...02f72108f5

Quote:Hi PZ.

At least the Brighton police dispensed with the pre action group hug!

Why Brighton?

Hell there are probably more people sympathetic to terrorist there than anywhere.

Looked at a property there once. Nice sunsets!
Haha, that's the next district up - Ripponlea. That's where the Countdown is... or was Smile

Plenty of flasher
s there back the day...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jumping From A Plane kitefly 68 12,399 26-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Last Post: kitefly