Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Costume Photos
Hello all,

I've been trying to find a place that has loads of costumes and offers photo taking services of people who wanna dress up for fun and pose in photos with authentic looking backgrounds suited to the costumes.

My girl and I are fun loving people, who are keen on getting us some fun whacky potraits/photos of us in costume. For example, Victorian age, or Western couple, or Bonnie and Clyde get ups. I've seen some photos of others who have done this for example my friend in the States had a photo of him n his wife dressed up in a western outfit complete with backdrop in a old, brownish sephia photo finish. Looked awesome.

So far, most services i have found are either pure costume hire joints, or professional photography studios which only do serious stuff. I need to find a place which specializes in these costumed potraits, providing the costume, photo-takin service and maybe backdrops too.

If anyone has any recommended places which provide these services for a reasonable price (im not exactly cash-flush, still a student) in the Melbourne CBD area or surrounding suburbs please do give me the contact details.

Thanks in advance guys
Hi krawl, I have not seen a service like that but i have seen something similar that you might be interested in.

There are a couple of places in the city where you can go in and get funny photos taken of yourself but the costume would be superimposed on you and you are not actually getting all dresed up.

These are pretty popular with asians and are usually run by them as well. I just can't remember which street I have seen them in. It might have been Russell St in the CBD but i am not sure.

Cheers, Glen
Hi Krawl,

I am a Landscape photographer who is looking for models of all types to volunteer for borrowed landscape shots (model in front sunset / coastal landmark above). Maybe we could work something out. Happy to do some wacky pics in return if we can find some costumes!

Cheers Phill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you find a studio where you can dress up and have photos take?

When I was in Sydney, there was great studio place in Blue Mountains where the Three Sisters are. Studio had old fashion clothes, hats, guns, boot, etc ... I badly regret not having taken any photos
I haven't started looking nevertheless, but those are definitely on my list to see!! I've heard they're glorious

And Girls, here¡¯s a anticipation!

Why not start the mode of selflessly donating your valuable dresses to brides who can¡¯t yield to purchase or rot them?

Now that would be paying it unabashed or is that a absolutely untrendy nature of thinking?

Sensible Karma to y¡¯all
I regard as i slogan these today in obesity, they are actually boiling!

But have no apprehension of the manner moniker, sorry!

I unqualifiedly regard the look. Quick, capable, multifaceted, if a dwarf model presumptuous(nothing wrong with that), something I would vex .

And I've initiate this useful,scrutiny it out-moded: Herve Leger so I judge devise you should try it too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cute Photos glen 12 4,117 11-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Last Post: gui.priaulx
  Snap! Press photos from the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games glen 0 3,927 01-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Last Post: glen