Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying A New Car
Hi Members,

We arrived in Melbourne last week from oversees. One of the first things we did was buy a car. We ended up buying a new car from a dealership. We basically bought the car on Thursday Oct. 28th. We are still waiting on the registration which the dealer is taking care of. Is this normal that it is taking so long. I realize that the Melbourne Cup is slowing things down a bit but we weren't even assured that we would have it by Wednesday Nov 3. My husband and I are a bit nervous and annoyed because the rental car is costing us a bundle.

Any reassurence? similar experiences? things to be aware of?
yeah, i move to australia 6 months ago and i have the same problem! but it'll be ok after
I had an awful experience. I was trying to buy a used X3 and found one we liked. I made a deal and took it home. The car was not officially certified. The dealer calls back the next day and informs us that sales man was unaware the car was recently in accident with big amount in damage and that is why it was traded in being just a few months old.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying A House In Melbourne - Is Point Cook A Good Place? topvho 12 17,569 30-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Endymion
  Information On Buying A Car gosal 3 6,482 21-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Last Post: franfran
  Buying Used Car, How Much Tax? sliders7 3 7,519 21-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Last Post: glen