Melbourne's nicest, most helpful and most entertaining online community!!

MelbChat Safety Tips - PLEASE READ!

Moving To Melbourne.. Greek Suburbs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_poppy_*

Guest_poppy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? We are looking at moving to Melbourne from Sydney in the next few months. We are a young family with two young children aged 5 and 2yrs. We would like some help with what suburbs are good to live in. My husband needs to be very close to the city for work and I would like to be close to the beach. We come from a Greek backround and would like to live in an area that has people from different backrounds, especially Greek as we would like our children to have a bit of our backround culture. Also an area that has good Schools, sporting clubs etc.

Can anyone help??? I have no idea which subburbs to look at.

Thank you so much.

#2 glen

glen

G'day Mate!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,854 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Forums, Computers

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

hi poppy, welcome to the site.

the following website seems to give some useful information about Melbourne's Greek schools/churches etc:

http://www.greekcomm....au/index2.html

hope that helps a bit.

the beaches close to the city are generally not very nice! so it will be a bit hard to accommodate your plan to be near the city plus near the beach. however, if you don't mind living a bit further out, then I guess you might have more options. If you get a house near the beach that is perhaps a bit further out but which is also near a train line, then it should be relatively easy to travel into the city each day.

cheers, glen

#3 Guest_poppy_*

Guest_poppy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

Thanks Glen,

My husband will have to drive to the city as he is a technician.

Thank you very very much for your help.