Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hook Turns
Hello all Melbournians,

We were over for Christmas recently , to stay with Family in North Balwyn and Mornington. Fantastic place, wish we could move there Mornington & Melbourne.............But we're too old now and with no approved trade etc.

Some lovely places, skydeck...ocean road....Ferntree gully Dandenong. It really felt like home to me. Christmas day on Mornington beach, beats the hell out of Freezing my nuts off in Peterborough England. Visited Peterborough Vic...nice place, Stayed in the Bates Motel ( I think )Lovely trip. Anyway, I eventually did what I was trying to avoid, a hook turn, and drove across a tram line as a tram was approaching, got totally lost trying to get from n.Balwyn to vic Market, ended up going round MOONEE PONDS, RICHMOND and a few other places . A great adventure though.Amazed I haven't got a ticket yet. I LOVE MELBOURNE. BACK FOR MY SILVER WEDDING MAYBE.
[quote name='aaronfire' timestamp='1299289386' post='32381']

Fantastic place, wish we could move there Mornington & Melbourne.............[/quote]

Glad you liked it. I'd love to move to Melbourne. Maybe some day, but all our family and our work is in Sydney, so maybe not.

Stayed in the Bates Motel ( I think )[/quote]

[Image: icon_eek.gif] I wouldn't stay at a motel called that.............

Anyway, I eventually did what I was trying to avoid, a hook turn.[/quote]

It took me a couple of days before I tried doing a hook turn. Up until then I had been going around the block doing three left turns instead of one hook turn. Before I tried it myself, I stood at a corner of one of the intersections and watched drivers turning to see how they did it. The main problem I found was knowing which intersections you had to do hook turns at (yes I know there are signs, but you don't see them until you're practically at the intersection and by then you're probably in the wrong lane to do one)