Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When A Sports Code Has A Death Wish It Looks Like Australian Soccer "supporters"
Oh dear me - it's hard not to be cynical when you see the antics of these folks.

Staying away from the game and the teams that they say they support to fight for their "rights" to have an appeal process against being banned for attending games due to their bad behaviour.

I can remember a time when inappropriate behaviour was eliminated by the fans who loved the game.

Apparently this kind of culture is not embraced by the "fans" today.

The miscreants demand rights and the "fans" lose theirs.

They will get what they deserve eventually.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Does it have some connection to the origin of some the clubs and Balkan antipathies?

Whatever I am a soccer /football supporter always have been but there seems to be some pseudo p[olitical axe being ground here.

For me if the governing body makes it safe for families to attend games - I'm for it.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Whatever - it's sad and needs strong leadership to minimise it.

Is it just me or do I detect a Sydney/Melbourne bias in the commentaries offered on SBS?

The opinion offered is usually something like: " the Melbourne/Sydney team are going to have to ......"

They almost never offer an opinion that will favour or be seen to support the non Sydney/Melbourne teams.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
No, it includes Perth, Adelaide, Newcastle, Auckland - anyone who is not from Sydney/ Melbourne.

You know: folks that seem to have less "fan trouble"

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
It appears that rank supporters are spreading disease. Latest flare up from the MVC 'fans".

I remember an old Liverpool FC supporter telling me about the good old days when the real fans sorted out the hooligans - often with a kiss. - They did it because dad took his kids to the game and they cared about what their kids were being exposed to. Because the real fans were a strong minded majority the bovver boys were controlled satisfactorily. Community in action.

Todays culture depends on third parties to keep it safe - police, club officials and the like.

Makes you think really.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Absolutely!!

Beats the crap out of talk!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!