Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mcg To Tullamarine
Hi all Melbourne people, I have a time/distance question for you all

let me explain, I'm coming to Melbourne for the GF, I have booked a return flight back to Perth for 8.05pm that night (I know, Stupid thing to do )

The ticket cost me $179, if I left it for the next day (Sunday) the ticket would have cost me over $500 and obviously an extra night of accomodation.

From Jetstars website it seems they will let you checkin as close as half and hour before a domestic flight, so I basically need to be at the desk at 7.30pm

I will look into web checkin if I can get access to a printer, not sure how much earlier you can print your ticket out online, would be good to have it organised before the game.

The GF starts at 2.30pm and obviously runs for about 3 hours, I have had suggestions that I should leave just before the game finishes but that will definately not be happening LOL

I would like half an hour after the game to soak it all in but realise that may not be possible.

Ok, the skybus leaves Southern Cross station every 10mins and takes about 20mins to get to Tullamarine so i would need to have myself at Southern Cross station by about 7.00pm

That gives me an hour to get myself from the MCG to SC Train station if I give myself half an hour to enjoy a bit of the celebrations.....

So my question is, CAN IT BE DONE, I would say maybe on any other game but I will be filing out of the G with 90-100,000 others LOL

Any suggestions would be appreciated.........................Marty
I think the 30 minute check in is optimistic. Last time I tried ....I needed more than that. More like 1 hour.