Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questioning Religion
Firstly its time we felt free to discuss it. We are told not to but why not?

I find when I say I find it odd that people think talking to invisible friends and sky fairies is dubious from a psychological point of view some get very upset.

It was great to find Peter here not getting upset.

I would love to know a few things about why people follow reigion . Lets feel free to discuss without feeling we are treading on toes. I am over feigning respect for what I think is actually nonsense.

Having said that I do envy reigious people. I too would like to believe that a being is going to help me out at times and that I can see loved ones again in a magical land. Of course for me any way I cannot believe in anything that seems full of loopholes and is in my mind, nonsense.

We all have the right to accept or reject all philosophies and beliefs.

We have that right and have no need to justify our acceptance or rejection.

One counsells confusing the baby and the bathwater - to me most religions that stand the test of hundreds of years scholarship, accep[tance and rejection are OK.

The problems we really have originate with the misinterpretation and misuse of beliefs by humans who want to further their own interests - personal gain and power.

We see it in the older beliefs and in newer beliefs which to me are quasi religions in their own right.

Communism stands out here as a superb example.

The basic philosophy is fine - unfortunately a Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, not to mention their followers and apparatchiks - corrupt those humanitarian ideals.

Read Animal Farm!!

There are many similar examples, I don't particularly choose communism for any reason other than as a good example of what I am saying

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!