Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Melbourne Again
On our first day, we arrived in Melbourne just after midday. After dropping off our luggage, we headed to The Block and the Royal Arcade, with the intention of having lunch there but didn't, because at that point I wasn't feeling too well and I just wanted to be somewhere that was quiet and not crowded, something that you couldn't say of either The Block or the Royal Arcade. We ended up at the C&B Cafe (I can't remember the name of the lane it's in, but it's opposite the entrance to the 1960ish looking arcade that leads into the Royal Arcade). I just had some soup and a coffee. Nice cafe, but the wall behind the cake display could do with a bit of dusting....

After the soup, a bit of a rest (no, I didn't go to sleep - I just had a seat for a while) and a wander around some shops, I began to feel better and started to get my appetite back, so we headed for Lygon Street. We had a look through a few of the shops and went to turn into Faraday Street when I saw that where I expected to find Brunetti's the shops were empty and up for lease. My heart sank - this was one place we always head to when we are in Melbourne, and now it wasn't there! When I recovered from the shock, I crossed the road to see if there was any clue as to what had happened and found a sign saying that they had moved, so I went back across the road and said "They haven't closed, they've just moved down the road to number 380 - must be somewhere near Woolworths". We were going to just have a coffee and cake, but ended up having a meal in the restaurant section of the store. I had Lasagne Genovese.....
Yesterday we went to Fitzroy and then on to Carlton. It started raining when we left Fitzroy, so we took refuge in a coffee shop. It started again after we left the coffee shop - and it started to hail before long. We were rather wet (from the knees down - we had one umbrella between us) by the time we got to Lygon Street.

Today was spent on a tour of the Yarra Valley - mostly wine and cheese tasting, with a bit of chocolate thrown in - had a great time....
Off to the Queen Victoria Markets today - then just a bit of wandering around....
Glad you had a good time. Sorry about the hail!!!