Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bayside Suburbs Used To Be Industrial/factory?
hi thanks for reading my post.

I am ready to move from sydney to melbourne, while it's interesting that one of my friends told me to avoid suburbs like bentleigh, hampton, black rock, parkdale, mordiallac...becuase those are used to be industrial areas, so quality may not be good...I was wondering if it's true..I am now living in north sydney and like the surrounding lower north shore...did some search on the realestate.com website, looking for bayside suburbs where I can find similar feels..

I don't need to work or do any business, just wanna find a quiet and nice place to live...can anybody tell me if those suburbs I just mentioned are okay? or shall I look around suburbs between glen iris and glen waverley as my friend told me it's better than bayside...

cheers a lot.
Having grown as a teen and young adult in Bentleigh East, I would not exactly describe Bentleigh, Hampton, Black Rock, Parkdale and Mordialloc as industrial areas. The industrial area runs more to the East of the aforementioned suburbs however, the nearby factory outlets are probably a bonus rather than a hindrance.

Bentleigh does not actually border the ocean like the suburbs Hampton, Black Rock, Parkdale and Mordialloc.

Hampton is nice and close to the ocean however Bentleigh is also a nice suburb.
thank you very much for your reply iblis, another question is about the weather, I know melbourne is famous for four seasons in one day, and a bit different from it here in sydney, is it very cold or too moisture alone beach? especially in winter?
Melbourne's humidity is practically none existent compared to Sydney and generally very cold during the winter months, especially along the beach.