Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Of Any Description
Good to see teams of very few big names performing as teams!!!

Recent examples:

GWS

Lions

Penrith Panthers

Of course there are others too but you get the idea - teams of no names can beat more fancied opposition if the do it as a team!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Liberal Party

Oh I mean....

Labour Party

Umm does it count if both teams are the same? Wink
Oh dear - never mind.

Excellent contest last night the no names just pipping a team with big names - well done Penrith

Quote:NSW State Of Origin Team

:Cowboy:

No names?

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Yeppers, now my team is performing I can start talking footy again :dance:

Quote:Penrith are hardly a no name team

Jamie Soward

Peter Wallace

Brent Kite

Kevin Naiqama

Jamal Idris

Sika Manu

these guys were the best players of the clubs they came from

Ivan Cleary is the coach and Phil Gould is their manager, a New Zealand legend and a NSW and Australian go to man

whilst the premise that a champion team could beat a team of champions from time to time, i would hardly call Penrith a no name team

i would call the 2014 NSW State Of Origin team a team of champions though, go yoo good things LoL

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm led by Mr Gallen a self confessed drug cheat ?  My My not a lot to be proud of there - but anyway enjoy the momentary reprieve the writing on the wall is writ large.
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:oh, btw, i forgot to mention..Cowboys are hardly a champion team, they only have one name in the team, and he left some time ago

OPOOOOOOOOOOOps

Cowboy spank Rabbits?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  no names beat names again!!!

Thank you MY for drawing this to our attention!!! :rundog:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
The difference this year being the top 8. lol

zachary!!!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Egg zachary!

Think about it!!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:Brisbane no-names beat a team of champions, only just

So how do you think the no names would have gone without the amazing refereeing error?

Serenity that!

Confusedports:
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote: 

it would have been 22-18 to the Dragons

two Brisbane tries didnt ground

Mere opinion you disagree with the refs decisions with the benefit of video.

The real error was a huge error as no doubt you will agree.
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Hence the advantages of having no names.... (ツ)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-...0oyx3.html

Kurtley Beale dumped from Wallabies line-up

AS long as the Australian Rugby Union continue to pay and support arrogant and boorish players don't expect any improvement in performance from the national team.

This is a test of leadership that going on past record will be failed.

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:We'll take him

Dragons take all the washed outs and fine tune them into a mean lean well oiled fighting machine

...we did the same with Bennett, made him look like a champion we did

Heh Heh dreamin!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
The Bunnies Smile
I'm particularly happy and would've been just as happy if they'd beaten my own team in the GF simply because after having been kicked out of the game, having done nothing wrong (unlike the Bulldogs), they had to spend virtually every dollar they had to be reinstated. To have them now win the GF was a good thing for the fraternity IMO.
Quote:I'm particularly happy and would've been just as happy if they'd beaten my own team in the GF simply because after having been kicked out of the game, having done nothing wrong (unlike the Bulldogs), they had to spend virtually every dollar they had to be reinstated. To have them now win the GF was a good thing for the fraternity IMO.

Absolutely agree - the GF itself was a great contest that was only resolved in the last few minutes - both teams gave it their best shot!
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
A bit of a wry smile noting that the hardmen on both sides are poms - my my how times change!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Sore losers will always be sore losers - the rules are the rules I reckon!!

Besides Jonathon Thurston has never been a cockroach!

Joint winner again of the Dally M award?????

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Quote:Peter, ill try and explain this peculiar ecosystem of Nature known as Footballius Statecous Originius

The Cockroach is the dominant species on this Blue planet, thats all you really need to know

a nuclear blast cant kill a Cockroach

then you get Canetoads, usually found in their natural habitat around Sandcorp Stadium drinking from cans of XXXX and making gargled frog like sounds that sound eeerily like they are trying to say "Queenslander Queenslander Queenslander" over and over and over again like it was the only word in their vocabulary. Canetoads have been known to leave their native habitat of Castlemaine St and migrate unsuccessfully to stadiums further south, usually resulting in their butts getting kicked, as witnessed with their last failed migration to Homebush

Mexicans are a different breed altogether, they mainly consist of expatriate Cockroaches looking to breach things like rules and salary caps and can generally be found in front of judiciaries or at press conferences complaining about anything and everything.

Hope that clears that up

Apart from the known bias - that's a reasonable summation of the situation.

Of course what is overlooked is the history which tells another story - until the SOO series was introduced - and thereby raised the standard of RL - Queensland origin players who went as professionals to play in the NSWRL were selected to play against their home state - a nice system for NSW which benefitted from the best Queensland talent.

With the Origin concept one determined that ones state of origin was mandated by where the player first played.

That particular rule is the one that Mello is unhappy with, never mind that similar situations occur that go the other way.

Since "state of origin" is determined on an equal basis one wonders why it's so unfair - in Mello's opinion. 

It's possibly true that one series win in almost a decade somewhat drives this excuse making.

Nonetheless the red herring Mello has provided takes nothing away from my observation that a significant number of UK players featured in the GF - if you subtract the Kiwi's and Islanders the remainder becomes almost a minority.
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Football. Guest 15 2,262 15-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Dar123(DTV)