Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pianist Looking For A Job
Hi there

My name is Mirando. I've been in Perth for 2 years. I'm moving to Melbourne in July.

The reason? Music.

I am a professional educated musician. I have been teaching, composing, recording my own music.

I need any information which might help me to find a job soon as possible or musicians which whom I can cooperate.

Any help is welcome

Thank you very much
Hi Mirando, were you looking for work in a school or to have your own business? Play in a band?

All the best, Glen
[quote name='glen' post='17157' date='Jun 10 2009, 01:40 PM']Hi Mirando, were you looking for work in a school or to have your own business? Play in a band?

All the best, Glen[/quote]

Hi Glen

Thank you for your reply.

Honestly I would like to work for school 2, max. 3 days per week, but I would be happier to play piano /keyboard in hotels, restaurant. When I come to Mel. I am planning to visit every hotel, every restaurant to find a possibly regular gig. Do you know good places where to play?

A band sounds good, but of course people in a band should have same interest and commintment. My last experience with band was 3 month of rehearsals - no gigs. A duo or trio sounds better for me .

In Perth I was playing 6 times per week last year. Most of that was me as solo pianist. I have a singer but she would be around september in Melbourne.

Are u musician?

I'll be out of Perth for two days, so if you reply to me I'll check it on Fri.

Thanks

Cheers

Mirando
There are so many pubs it is hard to say where to start!

As for teaching at schools, again, i presume there must be some publication where people advertise for school music teachers but i am not sure where it would be.

i guess you could start with an education related recruitment agency and see where that leads.

i am not a musician. but i have mucked around with my dad's guitar. and i did try making some techno music on the computer in my earlier years!... but that was too fiddly so i lost interest.

have a good one,

glen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Job Hunting parox 2 4,824 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: RennyC
  Looking For Job constzo 0 4,413 13-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: constzo
  Nursing Graduate - Seeking A Job johnpaul 0 4,029 17-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Last Post: johnpaul