Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Support Or Not To Support?
Facebook's insult to taxpayers: Web giant paid £4,327 corporation tax last year - less than average UK worker paid £26,500 salary.

From Daily Mail.
It does this as a result of paying millions of pounds tax in Ireland. A lot of companies do this apparently.

Maybe they all have the same tax agent Smile

What if they don't?

My understanding is they lost millions in the UK last year.

This practice is rampant in Australia.

Look at Rupert Murdoch. His media companies avoid Australian tax laws that cost us billions...

Yet we all have a sook about the ABC :Loser:

Get rid of Andrew Bolt first.

Andrew Bolt is garbage.

Andrew Bolt pays tax.
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
The ABC attracts all sorts of haters as well... probably for similar reasons.

I also understand that 100% of their staff pay tax as well Smile

Just like MT !
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
We've been talking about SSM in other threads but this one seems to be the most appropriate when things start warming up Smile

Latest Essential survey...

[Image: 21271047_1879472595715287_28280972175257...e=5A2045CD]

A couple of surprises for me is the high proportion of Liberal voters and/or people over 55 in favour of SSM ... as well as the high proportion of people who intend to actually vote.

Presumably, the 50/50 split from "vote other" are mostly supporters of One Nation or Cory's Tories.

Hi Peter.

Going off the above data and previous polling I think the YES will win but to a lesser degree than the current polling.

This is due to the uniform result across all the demographics.

The high court hands down its decision as to whether the vote goes ahead tomorrow arvo.

If it does happen my guess is around a 55% YES vote.

Well - looks like it's going ahead as planned Smile

Haha...

No my vote will be an honest, independent vote - not one predetermined by GetUp or religious / political groups.

It'll be based on freedom of choice and followed by respect for whatever the result is.

Here's the timetable for events...
  • September 12 — survey forms start being sent out
  • September 25 — all forms are expected to have been sent
  • October 27 — forms are strongly encouraged to be returned by this date
  • November 7 — the final deadline to return surveys
  • November 15 — results are released
Heh Heh and raise IQ in both places??

G'day MY!! :Hug:

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/nationa...b-address#

National press Club address by "No"  folks, some may want to hear what they are saying directly without the benefit of spin from "Journalists"

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
This NO video was on the ABC right?

Just wanted to clear that bit up Smile

Hey! That video is 87 seconds longer than the yes video! Bias!!!!

FORMS for the same-sex marriage survey have only been landing in mailboxes for two days now, but Australians have already exposed a number of potential security flaws with the ballot.

People have reported voting up to seven times after receiving multiple forms at their address thanks to former residents who failed to update their electoral details.

One man took to Twitter to thank the former residents of his property whose forms he claimed to have used to vote.

“Big ups to the seven people that haven’t changed their enrolment info and their vote mail came to my house,” he wrote.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-mar...255d2fd515

Kevin Rudd’s godson attacked over same-sex marriage > https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Kevin...8we_6oD4BQ

Wallabies star Israel Folau subjected to vile attacks after declaring on Twitter he would vote 'no' to gay marriage > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4sas0AeYg

Wow this idea of taking it to the street is going really well !

Taking it to the voters is taking it to the street????????

Oh my goodness, your democratic underwear is in need of a good wash PZ!!

Go talk to the attackers !!!!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Guess what mate?

I could walk down my street and knock off a dozen voting forms right now if I wanted to.

People are already doing it - and distorting the outcome.

You call that democracy? What colour is it mate?

You avoid the real issue here - as per normal.

Do you believe that the electorate should be ignored by the pollies?

Do you belive that the voter is the authority above pollies - after all they vote 'em in and they vote 'em out.

Do you believe that the electorate should be formally consulted on such matters?

Do you believe that a pollie should keep a promise taken to an election and if frustrated by non government senators that they should at least make an attempt to consult?

It's all pretty clear really

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!
Mate you can do better than that. 

I've already answered those questions in previous posts - go back and do some reading.

They are not the issue - the issue is this is not a plebiscite - it's a postal poll. A very expensive one - $120 million dollars. And now becoming irrelevant. If you want to spend $120 million dollars you could at least expect something better than having postal surveys polluting the pavement.

Quote:At least seven apartment blocks in one Canberra suburb have seen same-sex marriage postal surveys strewn about the street by wind and rain, after apparently being left on top of mailboxes, rather than inside them.
<p style="font-size:1.25em;color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">Dozens of postal survey envelopes in the inner-Canberra suburb of Braddon were spotted on the ground outside seven different apartment blocks on Saturday morning.

<p style="font-size:1.25em;color:rgb(17,17,17);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">Some of the envelopes had been damaged by rain.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-16/sa...in/8952156

That's a $120 million dollars straight down the swanny.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Mates - 35000Km To Support Victims Of Road Trauma RamboandSambo 0 2,670 05-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Last Post: RamboandSambo