Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bad Spammer
Hi everyone, we had another terrible spammer today. The good news is I figured out how to delete the spam quickly.

The bad news is I will have to manually approve any new members until i work out how to stop the scammers from posting profile comments and sending bulk messages.

Quote:greeting from peace

How are you? I hope you are fine,My name peace Desmond,i came across your profile at www.melbournechat.org.I am seeking for true relationship that will bring happiness back in my life,I will be expecting your quick response direct to my email address ( peacebaby25real@yahoo.com) remember age color or distance matters a lot,what matters is true love and caring, unt...

OlS, to answer your question, you can block friends appearing on your profile as follows:

Click on "My Settings" then "Profile", then untick the box "Show my friends in my profile"

To stop being notified of friend requests you go to:

"My settings" then "Settings" then "Notification options" then untick the notifications for "Notify me when someone adds me as a friend" and "Notify me when I have a pending friend request"

That should achieve what you are after.

Cheers, Glen

Messages In This Thread
Another Bad Spammer - by glen - 10-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Another Bad Spammer - by ols - 14-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Another Bad Spammer - by glen - 15-10-2010, 03:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Scammer/spammer glen 9 11,906 21-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Last Post: glen