Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Eye Catching Headlines What Grab Your Fancy
Better start trying to understand independence Aloy.

The Fairwork commission is supposed to be independent, just like the reserve bank. There is no point in having an independent tribunal if it's allowed to be governed by political parties with an ulterior motive that is contrary to the purpose of balance.

If you're saying the FWC is not, or shouldn't be completely independent of Government then reluctantly or not you are merely confirming my view that this penalty rate decision has been compromised.

Therefore you can't accuse me or anyone else of repeating lies... particularly when I have already supplied proof to back up my statements, some of which were made long before the decision from the FWC.

My comment stands: The process of penalty rate reduction was started by Tony Abbott in 2014 and I have quoted him on that and other statements since.

You may not care about penalty rates, but people do, which is why we have them. They are supported by the overwhelming majority of the Australian population. You have already quoted a poll in this thread which states that if penalty rates are reduced, it will cost the Coalition around 4 marginal seats if the election was held now.

Also noticed that silly One Neuron leader doesn't agree with penalty rates either. That's good, because it'll probably cost her party some votes as well.

BTW,

I've noticed you've shifted your argument from "unions and employers" to just "Union leaders". Bias much? In any case it's incorrect. Union leaders are subject to the voting process and the renewal thereof. That's democracy.

Speaking of democracy, well yeah.... I reckon I know more about it than you do. 

Quote:If the electorate want him [Bill Shorten] as a PM then they will regret their lack of wisdom , so would I!
Statements like that show a lack of understanding of the democratic process, but thanx anyway Smile

Messages In This Thread
Eye Catching Headlines What Grab Your Fancy - by POWERZONE - 06-03-2017, 11:13 PM