Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Eye Catching Headlines What Grab Your Fancy
Quote:We have the same problem here. There's real unemployment and there's surveyed unemployment.

But the trends are usually similar. I'd say in 8 years their unemployment has fallen regardless of the definitions used.

That eye catching headline has changed since I posted it. It now says "Trump believes torture works".

But either way the quote of "possible resumption of banned interrogation methods" puts their policy under scrutiny.

David Hicks was subjected to this travesty of justice and then they put a gag order on him until after the 2007 election here. Now before anyone jumps on me by asserting some kind of sympathy for a terrorist wanabee my contention is a confession of guilt can be easily obtained when it's made under torture and that's what I'm questioning here.

"What you're allowed to do legally" can mean just about anything in prisons outside of the US legal system Smile

From the article: After the September 11, 2001, attacks, President George W Bush authorised a covert program that led to dozens of detainees being held in secret locations overseas and to interrogation tactics that included sleep deprivation, slapping and slamming against walls, confinement in small boxes, prolonged isolation and even death threats. Three detainees faced waterboarding. Many developed psychological problems.

Donald Trump has already gagged the media and is now clearly stating he supports some form of torture so it appears some very dubious history is about to repeat itself.

Once again I refer to the " do "everything within the bounds of what you're allowed to do legally.""  quote

How does that square with "using banned interrogation techniques"???
Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!

Messages In This Thread
Eye Catching Headlines What Grab Your Fancy - by Aloysius - 27-01-2017, 08:05 PM