<div>What Antarctica’s Incredible “Growing” Icepack Really Means
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>
A NASA study has climate scientists up in arms; here’s what it means.
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>
<div style="font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:17px;margin:22px 0px 42px;">
<div>By <span style="font-weight:600;"><span>Brian Clark Howard</span>, </span>
<span>National Geographic</span>

Scientists concluded in the <i>Journal of Glaciology</i> that the loss of glacier mass in Antarctica’s western region is being offset by thickening of glaciers on the continent’s eastern interior, which has experienced increased snowfall. The result: A net gain of about 100 billion tons of ice per year, according to the report<i>.</i>

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;">That increase in ice translates to about a quarter of a millimeter per year less sea level rise than was previously predicted,  says lead author Jay Zwally, chief cryospheric scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;"> 

<div>
<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;">Here’s what you need to know about the new findings:

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;">Do prominent climate scientists agree with the primary conclusions?

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;">No. Some leading scientists vocally disagree with the study, which also runs contrary to the prevailing view of experts that Antarctica has been losing ice mass over the past few decades.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;">“I think there's a serious issue with the study,” says Ted Scambos, lead scientist at the National Snow & Ice Data Center in Colorado. “It’s unfortunate that it made it through peer review."

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
Heh Heh see how open minded our "Climate Scientists" are?

They all agree the science is in but any contrary finding - also scientific - is denied..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah those climate deniers they're everywhere!!!! :dance:  :dance:

Rather than welcoming this good news our hallowed Climate gurus jump into defensive denial mode, Oh dear how "scientific"

Methinks they are worried about their salaries!!!

Aloysius

Y'all stay beautiful!!

Messages In This Thread
When They Tell You The Science Is In, It Never Is - by Aloysius - 08-12-2016, 10:45 AM