Melbourne Chat
Well Done Conservatives - Printable Version

+- Melbourne Chat (http://www.melbournechat.org)
+-- Forum: Melb Chat (http://www.melbournechat.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Random Chat (http://www.melbournechat.org/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Current Affairs / Other Stuff... (http://www.melbournechat.org/forum-12.html)
+---- Thread: Well Done Conservatives (/thread-116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 23-02-2018

.jpg   cp.jpg (Size: 4.66 KB / Downloads: 142)

Bye Bye Barnaby, Bye / Goodbye / Bi Bi / toodaloo

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-23/barnaby-joyce-resigns/9477616

[spoiler](Actually, I shouldn't use "toodaloo" in this context given the norty connotations in its alternative definitions. LOL)[/spoiler]

Well Done Conservatives - treblid - 23-02-2018

He's only resigning on Monday.. that means he still get his max dollars for at least 3 more days..  Tongueig: 

Well Done Conservatives - treblid - 23-02-2018

Reading this quote,

Quote: 

But he said he had faced a litany of allegations, although he believed none of them had been sustained.

Kind of read it as - if not for the baby bump, he will still be DPM (and PM today)..

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 02-03-2018

Presumption of guilt is live and kicking.

Just avoid it by faining ALP connexions.

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 16-04-2018

"Australians landed almost 1 million new jobs in five years — so what kind of jobs are they and is that a big deal?"

"In 2013, then-prime minister Tony Abbott promised a million jobs would be created in the first five years of a Coalition government. Turns out he was right."

<b>Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!</b>

OK, so the mealy mouthed ABC commentariat don't think that's any thing special - that it was always going to happen etc - but hey ask a million job gainers!

Well done conservatives - no weapons of dubious construction in sight :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :Hug:  :ras:  

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 16-04-2018

With two sets of 30 Newspoll losses in 5 years one can see many cracks in this dubious construction  :gathering:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/i-dont-think-youll-see-that-again-credlin-rebukes-frydenberg/news-story/282e66be70c592b632105e28e174d3ed

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 17-04-2018

Heh, heh, not happy that a million jobs have been created??

Rather talk about inconsequential opinion polls?

Wanna discuss the underwhelming  support for BS??

See any cracks in the ALP with that sharp eye of yours PZ??

Aaaaaaaaah :dance:  :dance:  :Cowboy:

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 17-04-2018

Plenty of cracks in the ALP - but they ain't in Govt Smile

A million jobs created... If you say that nice and fast it's inconsequential.

Just how did the Govt create those jobs? And how many were lost?

Speaking of BS... the Acting Prime Minister has just said the Govt will pay off its debt in three years...

..... all $500 billion of it.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/no-santa-or-grinch-behind-the-budget/news-story/83dacff52fe15727e2ca7f041b1c09a5

Almost as dubious as creating a million jobs :Four: :Four:

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 18-04-2018

Ok so let's disappear these million jobs and then find out if the folks that have them share your bilious view.

The economy that created this huge increase in employment is one economy you can't just pick and choose what is good or bad - actually I would have thought that some one who professes such caring for us workers might have ben pretty happy about a good result - go figure! :Hug:

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 18-04-2018

Better still let's disappear just those jobs created by the fed Govt as claimed.

Let's see........... still a million jobs?

Guess what mate? There were a million jobs created under Labor from 2007 to 2012 despite the GFC.

Didn't see you waiving the jobs flag then - quite the opposite.

Maybe you were too obsessed with inconsequential polls at the time. LOL

Is that bilious enough for you? :officechair:

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 20-04-2018

Quote:Better still let's disappear just those jobs created by the fed Govt as claimed.

Let's see........... still a million jobs?

Guess what mate? There were a million jobs created under Labor from 2007 to 2012 despite the GFC.

Didn't see you waiving the jobs flag then - quite the opposite.

Maybe you were too obsessed with inconsequential polls at the time. LOL

Is that bilious enough for you? :officechair:

http://theconversation.com/factcheck-is-job-growth-in-australia-the-greatest-its-been-since-2006-53372

"Josh Frydenberg was right. Employment growth in 2015 was the strongest of any calendar year since 2006"

Guess who the PM was in 2006!!!

Be happy for your fellow australian workers !!!!

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 20-04-2018

LOL! Were you unhappy in the intervening ten years?

Look at the jobs growth in Dec 2013 when Tony Abbott was PM.

Must be close to the lowest on record!!!

I will be happy for my fellow Australian workers when they get their penalty rates back.

Let's have an early election
Smile

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 10-05-2018

Penalty rates schmenalty rates,

You can only spend money.

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 11-05-2018

Penalty rates is money. Not a token. Not a gift voucher. Not a frequent flyer point. It's money.

You can't spend money if you don't have enough to spend with.

If you loose penalty rates you loose money.

A no brainer really.

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 11-05-2018

Quote:Penalty rates is money. Not a token. Not a gift voucher. Not a frequent flyer point. It's money.

You can't spend money if you don't have enough to spend with.

If you loose penalty rates you loose money.

A no brainer really.

Penalty rates are not money - money is money - a true no brainer there :Hug:

Try buying anything anywhere any time with a penalty rate - let's know how you go!!

A salary may very well give you more than a wage with added penalty rates so what's the big deal?  Reluctance to leave the old system behind?

A salary paid to someone who typically works on weekends or at night would have to make it worthwhile to the potential worker to work different hours to the normal 8 hour five week day worker.

Another no brainer :Hug:

PS PZ - loose money is easily lost

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 11-05-2018

Yeah - plenty of loose money in the retail industry mate [Image: Shame%20On%20You.gif]

Here, I'll make it easy for you. The Fairwork commission have ordered employers who underpaid penalty rates to repay the lost money to their workers. So penalty rates is money no matter how many hairs are split.

Salary? What salary? Are you erroneously assuming that retail and hospitality workers are somehow going to be better off with lost penalty rates because a more generous salary might be an available substitute????

Well for a start, what happens if they are part time? How do you pay a part timer a salary?
You don't. They will always be on wages. So once the penalty rates are less their income will be less.

Less income = less money. Exactly what their employers want. Especially the ones that underpay their workers.

And you reckon they'll be better off without penalty rates? That's tooth fairy stuff mate.

I spent more than a decade as a salary earner in the retail industry.

To put it kindly.... the money was farked. I was earning less than a forkie on wages and I was doing 60hr weeks.

That WAS the old system... from the 19th century. Fark - and you want me to go back to it?

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 12-05-2018

"To put it kindly.... the money was farked. I was earning less than a forkie on wages and I was doing 60hr weeks.

That WAS the old system... from the 19th century. Fark - and you want me to go back to it? "

So you left - right?

That's the point - pay peanuts - get monkeys.

I want people to be paid what they are worth, not what some shonk can get away with.

Shonks - be they employers or bludging workers are a fact of life - our problem is not having to deal with them.

That is not impossible.

If you believe that workers are the value adders they should be prized and sought after and paid appropriately.

A mobile work force is one that can let shonky employers get what they deserve - low productivity, low profit.

End of rant - we basically agree about a well rewarded productive workforce - we just get hung up on the mechanics of the reward system. 

Meanwhile Bill wants less tax and more handouts - does not compute.

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 15-05-2018

Aloy, when all is said and done, the reward system will always be set by community expectations. The vast majority of the community believe that some days have more value than others and weekends will always be days that are valued the most.

The fact that there are shonky employers out there will only reinforce that view.

To be honest with you - I reckon this Govt could win the election if they went on board with the workers on penalty rates. It's the only thing really stopping me from voting for them.

Their recent performance has actually been quite good. Even the budget was fair and balanced IMO.

As for tax, well Bill actually wants more tax than the Govt. Think neg gearing, super and franking credits.

Well Done Conservatives - Aloysius - 28-05-2018

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/at-528-000-a-year-turnbull-s-pay-is-highest-of-any-leader-in-oecd-20180526-p4zhp5.html

At $528,000 a year, Turnbull's pay is highest of any leader in OECD

As I understand it Mr Turnbull donates his salary to charity!

Well Done Conservatives - POWERZONE - 17-10-2018

Fake email...

Quote:"Can you divert your vote to Dave Sharma in instead? It is very urgent, please let your friends know, too," the email said.

"Use all your phone, messenger and social media and show support for Dave Sharma on your Facebook too.

"The voting card has been printed already, you will still see her name, but she has already quit.

"Please DO NOT vote for her, just choose Sharma as your top choice only. Kerryn was diagnosed with HIV yesterday so no chance she will be running for the election.

"Choose Dave Sharma. Otherwise if you choose local white, they will be molesting your children someday."

Well Done Conservatives... What a dirty mob.