Melbourne's nicest, most helpful and most entertaining online community!!

MelbChat Safety Tips - PLEASE READ!
Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Eye Catching Headlines What Grab Your Fancy

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#981 mello yello

mello yello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Interests:MLF ( Mike Liberation Front )

MIB ( Mello in Black )
    Protecting The Universe from the scum of The Earth.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

ok, i vote for PZ

#982 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

cp.jpg

#983 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Hi Mello Y.

No one messes with that green guy!

Well PZ you have your wish, election real soon.
6 months ago "Two left feet Bill" could not lose, now however...

#984 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:38 AM

Hey Peter

6 Years ago our Electricity Bill wouldn't last 6 months - 3 Prime Ministers later he's still there.

"Two left feet Bill" sounds interesting - a lot of his policies are further to the Right than even Tony Abbott's.

Think franking credits and Negative gearing for starters....

His performance has been poor of late but the election is still his to lose.

I'm still trying to find out who's going to win the war within the Coalition after the election...

- is it Progressives? Conservatives? Nationals? It all sounds like a fraud church to me :)

#985 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Hi PZ.

Alas BS will probably get a majority government.
The best the Libs can hope for is a co op with who?
Any indipendents will straight up side with BS.
God I hope Oakshot gets his just reward for screwign his electorate last last time.
BS will reneg or water down his franking and neg gearing.
I think Elbow will give it one more try after awhile, and depending on the closeness of the election result.
Abbott has been screwed by the Nazis.
Sc Mo will stay as Lib leader.
Boats will appear on the horizon.

#986 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:52 AM

G'day Peter

Good point about watering down the franking / neg gearing. The independents and even the Greens have already voiced opposition to the franking policy for low income self funded retirees.

(Would love to hear Aloy's views on this...one light beer and we'd be doing a lot of agreeing :)

So I don't see the independents siding with BS anytime soon. Tony Abbott's opponent will back the Coalition in the event of a hung parliament.

It looks like it's going to be one of thozzze campaigns - horse trading, selling arse, back door deals, front door deals, shirt fronting, space invading and a hostile senate to boot... and probably a half decent recession to cap it all off...

Boats will appear on the horizon - if Abbott ever becomes PM again - except they'll be going in the opposite direction :)

PS: Meghan Markle had gone into labour - but that's another story.

#987 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Hi PZ.
Dunno what's happened to Aloy...?
Megan gone to labor? Doh! Royals are apolitical?
But you are wrong about boat sailing directions.
Witness all the sooky spew from the lollypop "acting" fraternity before the Trump success, X numbers were leaving the USA in disgust.
The only thing wrong about that was that no one left. Same same about Brexit, no one left.
What about here in Aus? Ain't no one gonna leave the gravy train! Oh maybe Turnbull!! I pray!
Abbott was a good PM. Alas he was his own worst enemy, and/or his advisers were shti.
One of them, Peta Credlin, well I just don't believe she would have allowed some of the stupid stuff, like making the Duke a Prince and the endless parade of Abbott in those stupid swim shorts! Doh!
Since she quit the Abbott camp and spruiks for bread and butter, her ideas and knowledge seem top stuff.
I'm impressed I would welcome her as PM.

#988 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

Haha Peter...

Well last time I looked, the entire motoring industry and all the ancillary employment had slung its hook and left under Abbott's PMship... straight through the chopper gate they went... Dukes of Hazzard stuff....the solar industry wasn't far behind, consumer confidence dived in at the deep end. Abbott himself remarked his ship was full of coal and other barnacles.

Going off how close this election is today... if Bill Shorten does win it'll only be because Peta Credlin, Alan Jones, Rupert Murdoch, Peter Dutton and Tony Abbott himself blew up the Liberal Govt last year.

Funny thing is... I still remember all their gloating prior to the 2013 election. Clear as mud....

Now I think Abbott will lose his seat - he can then do what he does best - putting out fires instead of starting them :)

#989 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

Hi again PZ.

Actually your memory is not much better than mine.
You seem to have forgotten the poor lost souls dudded by the lovies when their "boats" sank in numbers.
So watch again, in time your memory will be refreshed.
I remember the worlds worst gov run by the worlds worst PMs, the Woodpecker followed by the Rudsta followed by ....
Or was it the other way about.
Then the whitewash painted by the Abbott. Libs in their rightful place as the leaders of this great country.
Then the greatest political coo of all time!
I dips my lid to the Labor masterminds who got traitor Turncoat elected as Liberal PM.
Fantastic job.
Classic.
Will NEVER be equaled!
Months later the ploy is still in full swing, the whole family are throwing bombs backwards.
Man that is 100% more than what the original plan hoped for.
Amazing.

#990 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

Update.

I also remember the disgusting anti Abbott ad where he refused to save someone.
Only the lowest scum in the world would dream of showing that.
Some scumbags on the left will do anything then justify it with BS.
Eggs are bad enough but that takes the cake.

#991 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Peter that's pretty funny!

I'm happy to buy the idea that Labor instilled Malcolm Turnbull to send Abbott down the swanny. After all... it took 4 years of this "proxy" Labor Govt to repair the damage left behind by 2 years of Abbott's Knight Life.

As for the worst PM's ever - hmmm,  that's gotta be a tie between the PM that murdered / displaced thousands of civilians through indiscriminate bombing and the PM that said "No" to the same civilians seeking respite here. Abbott was part of both Govts and must therefore take the mantle of the worst PM ever seen on this land.

As for the egg throwing - of course it's unacceptable but then again it was equally unacceptable for the Fred Nile lookalike to pie pace the Qantas CEO.

Talk about taking the cake. It's rank hypocrisy to say Alan Joyce should suck it up but then complain about scumbags with eggs.

Memory is working fine - but thanks for asking :D

#992 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:58 AM

Hi PZ.

I'm sure that's a typo about the Labor lead Liberal Gov.
I'm sure you mean poxy cos that's what Turncoat is, throw his bitter twisted family into that pot as well.

Is see that Qantas now runs the rugby league. As a Victorian which league I dunno.

What have you got against Fred Nile?

#993 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

Hi Peter

No typo but I do make plenty!

I won't sink to the depths of the Conservative media by making low ball comments about someone's family.

I've not seen any evidence that Malcolm's family are bitter or twisted. Same goes for the Abbott family :)

Margie and Lucy and their kids (some of which are friends of each other) all look like thoroughly decent people to me.

I didn't know Qantas runs the rugby league - this Panthers supporter sees 2019 as a holiday from footy. Maybe next year :)

I have nothing against Fred Nile. The pie guy looks like him that's all.

#994 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Hi again PZ.
Good to see you back and as sharp as ever.

About Fred Nile, well it's just that he has the misfortune to be a Catholic. That is enough these days to get the wrath of the PC extremists. Do that twice is a virtual crucifixion.

Qantas (it has been claimed) put the screws on RA to dump the player who gave grave warning to all foricators, homosexual people etc.. these transgressors are up in arms, God they should have thanked him for the generous warning, now when the shti fits the fan he can say: "I told you."
Can you believe that? Qantas holier than thou! Ha!

#995 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

Yes Peter

Stereotyping Catholics does seem unfair when it's only a few Catholics expressing similar stereotyping of other religions :)

Yeah, I saw the eye catching headline about that league player but the subject didn't appeal so I skipped to the betting pages.

#996 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Hi PZ.
Ah good move!
So what are the latest odds re the election?

#997 PZ.

PZ.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

The odds are heavily slanted to Labor even though the polls are still close (52-48) to ALP

Coalition
$4.75
Labor
$1.18

Someone put a million dollars on a Labor victory so one hopes his balls don't turn to bawls  :P

#998 mello yello

mello yello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Interests:MLF ( Mike Liberation Front )

MIB ( Mello in Black )
    Protecting The Universe from the scum of The Earth.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

the bookies usually get it right, unless of course ... there is some ball tampering

#999 PeterJMelb

PeterJMelb

I Love Melbourne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Well Mello Y
In Bradman's day, the ball tampers would never play again.