Melbourne Chat

Full Version: Youth Homelessness In Melbourne
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Did you know there are 44,500 homeless young people and children under 25 every night in Australia?

My name is Bee and I’m 22. I ended up homeless at the age of 20 due to family and found refuge at Oasis Youth Support Network in Surry Hills.

I am now employed as the Oasis Schools Liaison and have the awesome privilege of engaging with students throughout Australia about the Social Justice issue of Youth Homelessness!

Our students are the next generation of leaders in our country and they need to understand the severity of this issue.

The good news is there are amazing ways for schools to get involved in taking action against Youth Homelessness.

If you are a parent, teacher or principal please get young people involved in:

· The Oasis Homeless Short Film Competition –$25,000 up for grabs!

Competition closes September 16 2011 (www.theoasismovie.com.au)<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

· The Oasis Youth Homelessness Matters Teaching Resource

Every secondary school in Australia was sent a copy and students can now learn about homelessness in English and PDHPE (www.theoasismovie.com.au)<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

· Put a real face to Youth Homeless and have former homeless youth as guest speakers at your School! (www.theoasismovie.com.au)

For more information please see [url="http://www.theoasismovie.com.au/"]www.theoasismovie.com.au[/url]or go to www.facebook.com/theoasisdocumentary[url=""][/url]

I really believe Schools are the heart of every community and have the potential to create the change which will secure the future all young people deserve.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Thanks for reading, take care J

[size="3"]My Blog: http://oasisschoolsliaison.edublogs.org/[/size]