Melbourne Chat

Full Version: Melb Transport / Traffic ?? Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all..

so I moved to sydney 3/4 months ago.. not loving it that much..

Looking at the melbourne option.

the wife wants to live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We're looking to work in central Melbourne or in eastern suburbs (retail head offices are all there)

can anyone who's also been on sydney public transport, let me know how good/bad the buses/trams/trains are on a day to day basis!?..

clean? dirty? reliable? all the key points.. as we won't have a car for a while.

So maybe the trains/buses aren't quite as good as Sydney (am i right in saying that)..

Also....how's the driving? here in Syd its dreadful anytime of day going anywhere!..

How is it driving around the eastern suburbs and would it be ok driving from say,Balwyn (or further east) to work in Port Melbourne? or the CBD?

any advice is great coz this is a HUGE decision for us.

THanks all
Driving in Melbourne is very similar to driving in most parts of the world. In Australia, vehicles use the left hand lane. The only difference driving in Melbourne has is sharing the road with tram services. Melbourne offers more than 70,000 car spaces. Parking in the city is quick, easy and safe. Most of the inner city streets have metered parking. It has an electronic toll road network linking manufacturing hubs with the CBD, port and airport.