Melbourne Chat

Full Version: Mates, Friends With Similiar Lives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been in Melbourne for 2 years, love the place, plenty to do and work is work eh.

No family here (interstate), never went to school here.

Uni in Tasmania and 12 years on the island, it's great but far too cold for my liking .....

So, me. 42, 2 kids, 10 and 6, lovely supportive wife (an incredible friend), I'm a teacher, photographer and avid fisher ..... small boat gets some attention where time allows.

Renting (not quite sure if we'll buy), 2 cars, dog and like living on the East side, Elsternwick.

Looking for friends who like myself and my wife have found breaking into established Melbourne friendship groups tough.

Sure, I've got work friends .... but they've all got "history" here in Melbourne and to be honest are family-free and have a lot more time to spare.

I'm a keen fisher and have only recently caught the "snapper" fever.

Yet to catch one, but then again, it's all about family first .....

Not quite sure who reads these posts , but ....

BBQ and good food kinda guy, enjoys a good dinner conversation, a perch at the pub, sitting for half a day on a boat, playing with his kids and yes ..... his free time where he can get it!

Cheers

Marc