Melbourne Chat

Full Version: Melbourne Miki Ticket System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello Helen. (And all).

I cannot help but notice you live in Sydney.

I wish to ask about the Sydney equivalent of Melbourne's famous non working Miki travel card.

I believe your version is called Tcard. Is that correct?

Well I was dumbfounded to read in todays paper that NASA has landed that stunning Mars lander fault free onto Mars for a low cost of about $438 million dollars. Miki is about to cost us (Melbourne people) $1.3 Billion for not one ticket to ride anywhere! I know Sydney does everything better than we can, but I don't think you can top that?

Best wishes.

Peter.

jeepers - the waste of taxes on Myki is terrible. it amazes me. the project is over budget and over schedule and the minister has not been held accountable - should be sacked but hasn't.
In china they have a good system in place. Couldn't they just copy that? Why reinvent the wheel?

Over here you either swipe a card when you get on a bus..Takes milliseconds! Or just put a 1 or 2 dollar note (which is 20 or 40 cents AUS) in a box as you get on. Works quickly and efficiently. Only hassle is if you pay by cash then you have no ticket so you need to pay again if you get onto another bus. But if you use he swipe card then it is good for 2 hours.